Hand Therapy Links
- Hand World - These pages explain common hand problems in plain English. The brochures contain diagrams, but no gory pictures.
- The Arthritis Society - Education, tips, resources, research, local programs, and the different types of arthritis.
- RSD Canada - Education, support, awareness, early diagnosis and to help find a cure for reflex sympathetic dystrophy / complex regional pain syndrome.
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome Association Of America - This site is meant to increase your knowledge and awareness of reflex sympathetic dystrophy / complex regional pain syndrome.
- Wheeless' Textbook of Orthopaedics - Click on the body part of the skeleton that you are interested in, and it will take you to a menu of conditions. Each of these are clearly explained.
- Hand University - An excellent website with clear illustrations and explanations of a wide variety of conditions of the hand and arm.
- University of Toronto - Good information with clear pictures of hand conditions.
- Cerebral Palsy Symptoms - Information on symptoms of Cerebral Palsy.
- Cerebral Palsy - Answers and Assistance.
- Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Hand Therapy Organizations
- West Coast Hand Therapy Organization - The association of hand therapists in BC.
- Canadian Society of Hand Therapists - A group of occupational and physical therapists with a special interest in the rehabilitation of the hand. They are dedicated to the enhancement of hand therapy within Canada through the promotion of quality care, education, and information sharing.
- American Society of Hand Therapists - To advance the specialty of hand therapy through communication, education, research and the establishment of clinical standards.
- International Federation of Societies for Hand Therapy - This website will assist you in finding information about hand therapy world wide. The main purposes of the IFSHT is to coordinate the activities of the various societies for Hand Therapy and to increase and enhance the exchange of knowledge of Hand Therapy.
- Hand Therapy Certification Commision - If you are an occupational therapist or physical therapist who wants to become a certified hand therapist or you are a CHT who wants to recertify, this site contains the tools you need to succeed.
Professional Associations and Colleges
- Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia - Provides leadership and direction to the phsyiotherapy profession, fosters excellence in practice, education and research, and promotes high standards of health in British Columbia. This website also has a listing of all the therapists located in British Columbia.
- British Columbia Society of Occupational Therapists - The provincial professional association representing occupational therapists in British Columbia. BCSOT promotes the profession in BC, represents members’ interests to governments, educational institutions, other professions, business and the public, and supports the professional needs of occupational therapists in BC.
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association - The national professional organization that represents more than 9,000 physiotherapists and physiotherapy students across Canada.
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists - Provides services, products, events and networking opportunities to assist occupational therapists achieve excellence in their professional practice. In addition, the CAOT provides national leadership to actively develop and promote the client-centred profession of occupational therapy in Canada and internationally.
- College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia - The regulatory body for physiotherapists in British Columbia.
- College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia - The regulatory body for occupational therapists in British Columbia.